Thursday 10 September 2015

Classless Pique disses Real Madrid in his latest statement.




Image credits : Goal.com

In his recent press, Gerard Pique stated that "I think they [the Spain fans] whistle me because of the Barca-Madrid rivalry, but I won't change. The rivalry is passionate and when one is doing well, the other is doing badly. So let's hope things go as badly as possible for Real Madrid. And those who don't like it will have to put up with me until I retire!"



NO SURPRISE : Pique wishes Real Madrid the worst.

I understand that as a Barcelona player he would want their direct rivals, Real Madrid to do worse than them. But stating it in a formal conference just shows the lack of professionalism. Personally, I think it isn't a positive thing to discourage players on the pitch as it could potentially demotivate a player and affect their performance. But that being said, it doesn't mean that he has to dwell on it. For a professional player, it's like a water off a duck's back. It could happen to anyone in the footballing world. Wayne Rooney has been booed by the English supporters a few years back and he seems to be quite upset about it but the thing is that he does not make ludicrous statements afterwards. I think the right thing for him to do is to work hard in training to try and improve his performance. It is pretty clear that his performance in the national team isn't up to it, so he needs to work on his performance first to silence the pitch critiques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment